As we welcome 2018, we want to take a look back at 2017. What an incredible year it has been for us! Celebrating our 5th anniversary in Canada, was just one of our highlights of 2017!
“We are very proud of our accomplishments in Canada as we look forward to 2018,” said Birhan Abate Ethiopian Airlines Canada Country Manager.
“We are bringing more awareness to Canadians about our airline through our strong relationships, partnerships and engagement on social media. We love the feedback we are receiving and we know 2018 will be another fantastic year,” added Abate.
Here is a quick re-cap of 2017
- 5th Anniversary in Canada. Milestone celebration held at Toronto’s hottest rooftop. Welcoming guests Mrs. Rahel Assefa, VP Marketing for Ethiopian Airlines Group, celebrity Chef David Rocco, ET flight crew along with many distinguished guests.
- More direct flights from Toronto Africa. Officially started last month of 2017 Ethiopian Airlines Canada increased its number of flights from three times a week to five.
- Celebrate Canada 150 Contest. Aaron and Jamie Collard grand prize winners of the social media contest “Celebrate 150”. The 12-year-old, Aaron from Burford, Ontario was chosen by Ethiopian Airlines Canada Facebook fans. Aaron and Jamie won a trip for (2) to Africa.
- Partnership with SickKids. Flight donations to bring children and their families seeking medical attention through the Herbie Fund and International Patient Office to SickKids, a global leader in children’s health, research and care, and one of the top children’s hospitals in the world.
- SkyTrax 4 Star Award Ethiopian Airlines was awarded SKYTRAX 4 Star certification SKYTRAX, the most prestigious international air transport standards and quality rating organization
- Partnership with Bridge to Health Comprised of a passionate group of medical and dental professionals from Toronto, brought together by a common desire to help provide healthcare to those in tremendous need.
We also participated in many conferences, consumers travel shows and unique events and special send offs in 2017. From Africa Day in Ottawa; Miners Conference; Montreal International Travel Show to welcoming Canadian athletes and participants competing in the Francophonie games. We also sent our first social media contest winner Alexandra Locke to Africa! Thank you all for the continued support this past year! Hello 2018….we are looking forward to creating more memories Canada and celebrating many more years to come!